giovedì 9 gennaio 2014

Our Story

Perú InsideOut was born, oddly enough, in a coffeehouse in Arequipa, southern Peru! I had the idea of developing a tour company that focused on the heart and soul of Peru, but did so with European flair and expertise. And I wanted to focus on southern Peru, the area I know best. Choosing a name able to embody the spirit of the project was a daunting enterprise. I juggled names for days on end with a friend of mine, and … Voilà! Peru InsideOut was born.
My name is Roberto D’Amico, by the way. I’m Italian by birth but I’ve completed graduate studies in both Italy and France. I have worked and lived in London, Brussels, Rome, Paris, Perth, Sydney, and – since October 2010 – Arequipa, Peru! I speak four languages (Italian, English, French, and Spanish), though Italian is my mother-tongue. In addition, I have had the good fortune to travel extensively and have firsthand experience of Bolivia, Chile, and Argentina.
In setting up my tour company, I travelled extensively in Peru – completing months of research on the road. I visited all of the destinations to which Perú InsideOut travels. I have eaten in the restaurants, toured museums, taken copious notes, travelled by bus, travelled by air, travelled by rail, met with local tour guides, learned the customs, spoken with the locals, and now know Peru inside out on a close and personal level! It is this knowledge and experience that Perú InsideOut wish to share with you. I offer you the flair of a European, applied to travel in the often mysterious but always captivating … Peru.

Our Story

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento